The visual identity is a key part of a campaign’s communications strategy.
This set of design elements and guidelines makes your campaign recognizable and helps to communicate its values to the public. Every campaign does not necessarily need a fully developed visual identity. The amount of work you need to put into your campaign’s visual identity will depend on its scale.
- What kind of communications will you create?
- Will you produce social media graphics?
- Is an email newsletters necessary?
- Will you be presenting to other groups?
- Which social media platforms are you using?
- Will this campaign have its own website?
- Will you design printed materials like fliers and posters?
Once you have a rough idea of the scale of the task, you can move to the next stage, developing your core messaging.